Graduate Test Analyst
By Dave Brislane | 02/08/2017
We Are Sigma - a leading digital design and development company. We solve customer challenges on the web, on mobile and on corporate applications with a focus on usability, accessibility and an improved user experience for all.
We are currently looking for a Graduate Test Analyst to work as part of our growing test team. As we continue to grow, this is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and thriving business and to work on exciting customer projects.
You will be required to work in a small, friendly test department which forms part of our larger DevOps team. Working with end users, customers and our own technical consultants, you will provide support to existing clients through our service desk, and act as the test analyst for all service requests to ensure that all work meets organisation and end-user requirements, under the supervision of the test lead.
You will have strong organisational and communication skills, be comfortable prioritising your work and possess the ability to work on multiple tasks and client requirements, and at all times maintaining attention to detail and quality. You will have a specific interest in test methodologies in addition to being enthusiastic about current and emerging web and mobile technologies. In return, you will join a growing company, working as part of a supportive team in a highly collaborative environment and benefitting from an investment in training and professional development.
Key responsibilities & attributes
- Part of the team providing 1st line support for all incoming support requests from Sigma clients and Sigma UK staff, ensuring all requests are logged, triaged, responded to, and then managed through to resolution, including testing activities prior to release back to the client.
- Creation and execution of test scripts.
- Identifying and creating quality defects and documentation of testing activities.
- Providing ongoing support to the service desk team around client defects and changes.
- Lead test requirements on small projects and deliverables.
- Support test requirements on larger projects and deliverables.
- Ability to learn quickly in a rapid-paced environment.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies.
Desirable skills & experience
- Knowledge/exposure to testing techniques, methods & tools.
- Working knowledge of the full software development life cycle.
- Experience testing web applications on PC, Mac, and mobile devices.
- Excellent people skills, teamwork and communication skills.
- Awareness of service desk models and software.
- Knowledge and/or experience of using Git / GitHub and their various workflow methodologies.
- Knowledge of web technologies and content management systems.
Location & Management
- Primary location is Macclesfield and client sites as necessary.
- Some overseas travel (mostly to Europe) may also be required and some nights away from home are expected, but on an infrequent basis.
- Reporting directly to the Test Lead but working closely with the wider DevOps team (Service desk and development).
Sigma provides a comprehensive employee benefit package to look after the health and well-being of all our staff. These include:
- Paid Holiday – 28 days plus public holidays.
- Long service recognition with increased paid holiday after 5 year’s service, up to a maximum of 33 days paid holiday plus public holidays.
- Paid sick leave – up to 20 days in any 12 month period.
- Flexi time.
- Flexible holiday scheme – buy or sell back of up to 5 days leave.
- Life assurance (3 x salary) – eligible upon employment.
- Income protection insurance (after 13 weeks absence) – eligible upon employment.
- Auto-enrolled Group Personal Pension scheme (5% company contribution) – enrolment after 3 month's service
- Private medical insurance, to include dental insurance - eligible upon completion of probation.
- Overseas business travel insurance.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
If you are interested in the above position, please email us at email@example.com.