Training in core UX and UI principles and practices including user research techniques, prototyping & service design, sketching, collaborative workshop facilitation, user testing & writing for the web
What we do
- Creative Workshop Facilitation Skills
- Introduction to User Experience Techniques
- Writing for the Web
- User Interface Design
- Collaborative Design and Prototype Testing
Our approach to training
If you don’t know what your users want or need, you can’t effectively create an interface that they will want to work with. We want you to improve your products by effectively engaging with your users and we can help you learn how to do this. Our training courses are all taught by our professional user experience (UX) consultants and designers who will share with you their real world experience of the UX tools and techniques we use to create sites and applications that delight our customers. Our in-house training team includes:
- Chris Bush, Head of Experience Design - Chris heads up our user centered research, design and testing team, working across sectors to optimise products and services for our clients and their audience (online profile: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/christopherjbush)
- Justin Darley, User Research Lead - Justin leads the UX research team at Sigma, as well as specialising in content, training and workshop facilitation (Justin's online profile: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/justin-darley-3663074)
- Francis Rowland, Senior UX Architect - Francis is a prominent and highly respected user experience designer with a background in design and innovation across a range of complex scientific domains (online profile: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/francisrowland)
- Elizabeth Buie, Senior UX Consultant - Elizabeth has consulted on projects ranging from public websites to social media apps to touchscreen kiosks to air-traffic control systems to the International Space Station, with user populations as broad as the worldwide public and as narrow as NASA spacecraft controllers (https://uk.linkedin.com/in/elizabethbuie.
We also work with a number of training partners. All courses can be delivered in our own Macclesfield or Cambridge training suites, or in-house on client sites. Prices are from £2000 per day for up to 10 attendees but we are happy to discuss pricing for tailored training requests. If you'd like to know more about our courses, please get in touch at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can we help you?
At Sigma, we are always happy to listen, talk and help. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss a project or idea or are interested in our training or events