Sigma launches the IHG Academy website for InterContinental Hotels Group
By Justin Darley | 01/01/2014
IHG established their Academy programme as a public and private sector partnership, working closely with local communities around the world to develop training and education programmes through their hotels that would provide skills and jobs for people in the hospitality industry.
The IHG Academy website is a crucial tool enabling hotels to implement their own Academy programmes in their communities, and for interested parties to find out more about the programmes, interact with the organisation, and sign-up for the Academy.
- Requirements definition and design workshops through an iterative design process
- Analysis of user needs and preferences
- Development of wireframes and an Information Architecture that reflected the way in which users interact with the site
- Implementation of the Umbraco Content Management System that underpins the site
- Development of custom reporting functionality to provide IHG with a wealth of data related to Academy sign-ups, progress and status
- Testing of the designs and the implemented site with users and stakeholders
- Training of IHG staff in the use of the CMS
For more information on the programme, you might wish to look at the following video which provides an overview of the Academy programme and its objectives, including a recent Academy opening by Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg.
Sigma has a long standing relationship with IHG during which we have undertaken many user research, web design and development projects in areas as diverse as brands and marketing, risk management, knowledge management, and corporate responsibility.