Web developer - Umbraco / MVC - Macclesfield
By Dave Brislane | 11/06/2014
We Are Sigma - a leading digital design and development company. We solve customer challenges on the web, on mobile and on corporate applications with a focus on usability, accessibility and an improved user experience for all.
You will be required to work in a small, friendly development team, working with user groups, customers and our own technical consultants to build successful digital solutions and provide some support to existing clients through our ITIL service desk.
You will have strong skills in .Net, C#, SQL Server, MVC and Umbraco, with a solid grounding in how web content management systems work. You will also demonstrate an awareness of both waterfall and agile project delivery, from infrastructure set-up through to testing and release processes.
You will have experience of working with stakeholders, strong organisational and communication skills, be comfortable prioritising your work and possess the ability to work on multiple projects. Highly customer and service orientated, you are a self-starter who is enthusiastic about current and emerging web and mobile technologies and passionate about development challenges. In return, you will join a growing company, working as part of a supportive team in a highly collaborative environment and benefitting from an investment in training and professional development.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- Umbraco (v4 to v7).
- C#, ASP.Net, MVC 3+, Razor, nHibernate.
- Visual Studio 2012, SQL Server 2008+.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good knowledge of project management process, SDLC and Agile / SCRUM.
- Excellent people skills, teamwork and customer relationship management.
- Knowledge of ITIL support processes.
- Experience of solution architecture, database and system design.
- Experience of using accessibility and usability to enhance projects delivered online.
- Experience of continuous integration, source control and project tracking software (TeamCity, SVN, TFS and JIRA).
- Experience of delivering mobile, adaptive and responsive solutions.
- Understanding of server-side technologies such as ASP.net and PHP.
- Knowledge of web content management systems, both Commercial and Open Source, ideally EPiServer or Sharepoint.
- Experience in building RESTful/SOA web applications.
- Involvement in online or offline communities in areas of personal interest.
LOCATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Primary location is Macclesfield and client sites as necessary.
- Some overseas travel (mostly to Europe) may also be required and some nights away from home are expected, but on an infrequent basis.
- Reporting directly to the Development Team Lead.
Sigma provides a comprehensive employee benefit package to look after the health and well-being of all our staff. This includes:
- Paid Holiday – 28 days plus public holidays.
- Long service recognition with increased paid holiday after 5 year’s service, up to a maximum of 33 days paid holiday plus public holidays.
- Paid sick leave – up to 20 days in any 12 month period.
- Flexi time.
- Flexible holiday scheme – buy or sell back of up to 5 days leave.
- Life assurance (3 x salary) – eligible upon employment.
- Income protection insurance (after 13 weeks absence) – eligible upon employment.
- Stakeholder pension scheme (5% company contribution) – eligible upon completion of probation.
- Private medical insurance, to include Employee Assistance Programme and dental insurance - eligible upon completion of probation.
- Overseas business travel insurance.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
If you'd like to know more about the role, get in touch at UKcareers@sigma.se and send us your CV and portfolio.