We're looking for a new Web Developer
By Dave Brislane | 01/10/2018
We Are Sigma. We design services and digital products that help people to live and work better. When working with clients, our teams take a multi-disciplinary approach to identifying key problems, designing and developing creative, viable solutions.
About the Team
A friendly DevOps team who work with user groups, customers and our own technical consultants to build successful digital solutions using both waterfall and agile processes. We also provide a support and maintenance service to our existing clients through our ITIL based service desk offering. With all our work quality controlled by our QA team.
We invest in our team and believe strongly in collaboration and mentoring. We actively support our team members to attend conferences globally such as Umbraco CodeGarden, Umbraco UK Festival, Episerver Ascend as well as SQL Saturday. We encourage our team to participate in event and meetup attendance. In addition, all team members are eligible to attend our yearly conference Camp Digital.
We also invest in training and have received onsite training from Episerver, Royal National Institute for the Blind and the NCC Group in the past 18 months. All our developers have attended courses for both Umbraco (including certification) and Episerver.
We have a number of technical partnerships within the industry including:
- Umbraco Gold Partner
- Episerver Partner
- uCommerce Partner
For us, having a dynamic, competent, and enthusiastic developer is an integral part of the DevOps team.
Highly customer and service orientated, you are a self-starter who is passionate about current and emerging web and mobile technologies. You are also an excellent communicator and eager to learn new skills. In return, you will join a growing company, working as part of a supportive team in a highly collaborative environment and benefitting from an investment in training and professional development.
Most of all we would expect that your experience and friendliness enable you to help build resilience, confidence, and pride within the team.
Key technical knowledge
- Microsoft .Net.
- C#, ASP.Net, MVC 3+, Razor
- CMS Experience (Umbraco and/or Episerver)
- Visual Studio 2015+
- SQL Server
- HTML, CSS
- jQuery, AJAX, JSON
Desirable skills for how we work
We predominantly develop using the Microsoft Technical Stack (C#, SQL Server), and we utilise Git, Team City and Octopus Deploy for our build and release processes. The applications we work with primarily use services from Microsoft Azure.
Sigma prides itself in the whole team collaborating to deliver secure and accessible applications which have been developed in conjunction with all key stakeholders.
Desirable skills also include:
- Test Driven Development
- Building mobile, adaptive and responsive solutions
- Building RESTful/SOA web applications
Location and management
- Either our Macclesfield or Cambridge office and client sites as necessary.
- Some overseas travel (mostly to Europe) may also be required and some nights away from home are expected, but on an infrequent basis.
- Reporting directly to the Development Team Lead.
Sigma provides a comprehensive employee benefit package to look after the health and well-being of all our staff. This includes:
- Paid Holiday – 28 days plus public holidays.
- Long service recognition with increased paid holiday after 5 years’ service, up to a maximum of 33 days paid holiday plus public holidays.
- Paid sick leave – up to 20 days in any 12-month period.
- Flexi time.
- Flexible holiday scheme – buy or sell back of up to 5 days leave.
- Life assurance (3 x salary) – eligible upon employment.
- Income protection insurance (after 13 weeks absence) – eligible upon employment.
- Stakeholder pension scheme (5% company contribution) – eligible upon completion of probation.
- Private medical insurance, to include Employee Assistance Programme and dental insurance - eligible upon completion of probation.
- Overseas business travel insurance.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme
If you'd like to know more about the role, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and send us your CV and portfolio or call us on 01625427718 for a friendly chat.